Saturday 1 September 2012

Glossybox : August

I recieved my august glossybox while I was away on holiday so its my first chance to post about it since i've got back and thought I had better post quickly as its almost time to get my september box! Below is a picture of what was in this months international superstars box.
 

 
 

Allessandro Pro White
An optically britening effect nail polish with anti-yellowing formula for radiant white and gleaming nails
 
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
Water souble cleanser
 
Broadway Nails Impress Press-on Nails
Ready decorated nails with peel off back
 
Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita
10 shade eye shadow palette
 
Lipcote
Lipstick sealer the secret o long lasting water resisitant lipstick.
 
Glossybox Lipstick
Shade - Glossy Pink
 
......................................................................

 
 
I've written reviews on a few of the products below and my favourites from this box were the lipstick and the cleansing oil.
 
I really loved the Glossybox own brand lipstick. The colour was lovely and the type of shade I usually go for. It was a nude/pink shade and looked great on. Not the best picture of it but you can kind of see the type of colour it is. It was a long lasting lipstick which left a tint on your lips when it eventually started to wear off which was great as it meant I didnt need to re-apply lots of times as my lips still had some colour.




 
The eyeshadow palette was lovely and the colours were ideal for the autumn as they were a selection of nudes/browns/greens. The colours were really nice on as you can see from the swatches but I really had to dig the applicator into the powder and rub really hard to actually get any on the brush.




The imPRESS nails are quite new on the market and I was looking forward to trying them when I seen them in my glossybox. The pattern was a burgandy and gold swirl and the nails were short length and square which is what I usually go for. They were easy to apply, you just peeled off the backs and pressed them firmly onto your nails. I didnt need to cut the nails they fitted perfectly and there are 12 sizes to choose from. I've never used press on pre glued nails so was a bit worried about whether they would stay on well - and they didnt!!!! I didnt manage to get a picture of them actually on my nails but they did look really nice. I wore them for a night out and when I put them on, after about half an hour one popped off and then as the night went on they all came off. For £7.99 I certainly wont be buying them again as I think its a waste of time when they dont last longer than a few hours - I would possibly buy them and just stick some glue on my nails before applying which might keep them on. Overall I wasnt too 'imPRESS'ed with them!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...