Tuesday 17 July 2012

NOTW: Nails of the week - Purple glitter

I love having my nails done and love to have them all different colours and styles. Today I've gone for purple glitter nails.

I used 3 nail polishes - MUA shade 12 (Pale purple), Barry M shade 303 (Bright purple) and Beauty UK topcoat (Clear). I also used a small pot of fine glitter in a pale purple colour which you can get some most beauty stores, I got alot of mine from ebay they are really cheap and have lots of colours to choose from.


Step by step
1 - Firstly I applied the pale purple and bright purple polish to my nails. I decided to paint one nail darker than the rest on each hand as you can see in the picture. I had to apply 2 light coats of each as both need an extra coat to give the full colour. Only do light coats though as too many ayers will make the nails tacky and seem like they never dry.


2 - Next I applied the glitter. I did this by dipping the clear topcoat polish brush into the pot of glitter so that the glitter stuck to the polish. Then I brushed it over the top of the purple nail polish. Make sure you get plenty of clear polish on the brush when brushing it onto the nail or you'll find it quite hard to apply. You can always pop more glitter on if need be. Another way you could apply the glitter is by applying the topcoat to the nails then dipping them into the glitter. You would need to put another topcoat over the top to seal it though and I've found in the past that this can make my nails quite tacky as its giving them an extra coat.



...and thats it! Simples :)

I do this technique all of the time and experiment with nail polish colours and glitter colours. I try to match both together but it looks equally as good when mixing and matching. The glitter really brightens up the nail polish and looks lovely when it catches the light!

I hope you like it.. let me know if you give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...